The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Saving endangered languages
in Global

Hundreds of world languages are under the brink of extinction now. The reason for it is the decrease in the number of native speakers. The pressure of globalization also play a big role in it. Opinions vary weather endangered languages need to be preserved or not. Still many people claim that the world needs diversity, and a language is one of the main tools to maintain it. 

I think we do need to support a world in which a diversity is sustained and encouraged. Globalization is good, but multilingual world is much better and smarter. 

Here are some points to prove my point of view. 

All minor languages convey unique cultures, lexicon, lettering, moreover, they convey unique ways of interpreting human behavior and emotions. They are a big part of the history, and they contain an accumulated body of knowledge (e.g. geography, botany, navigation). They provide different pathways of thoughts and frameworks for thinking, as they are built on people’s wisdom from generation to generation. We are impoverished by the extinction of languages and it’s connected with science, culture, technology. Globalization means standardization, and standardization is the erosion of human knowledge base. Do we really want our world to be dull, standardized and boring?

I don’t think so. We all can do something to support this diversity. If we want to survive and to continue on we have to have languages.

Alec

Could not connect: User i2483808_vf2 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections